Ads 468x60px

Pages

Monday 7 March 2011

Web Design Review - ArcheryBuff.com

I had lunch with a friend of mine who I went to college with last week and we started talking about what we've been doing lately. He told me he's moved on from being a web programmer to being someone who designs Blackberry themes. He mentioned that he had started a site a couple years ago about archery and he asked me to check it out and give it a review. Keep in mind that my friend is more of a web developer than a designer!
As far as the design goes, I'm really not a fan of this site at all. The good news for my friend is that he's one of the few Windsor web designers who'd focused on archery so the site does fairly well traffic wise.

When I wrote him back this week about the site, I told him I thought it could be much better. I thought he should get a cleaner, less busy logo and header. I also think the site should be a different color, I've never been crazy about that color brown for a site. I understand he was going for a forest/nature look, but there are ways to do that without making the site look so dark.

I would make his links a different color than the text (both are black right now, could get confusing) and lastly I'd make the Adsense ads blend in with the rest of the site.

He may have me re-do the design of the site while he works on the web development side of it, so if that happens I'll update this post!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon. Freelance web programmer

Post a Comment